Join Our Team
Administrative & Financial Assistant
You will serve an essential role in the structure of RISE. As part of its operations, RISE manages funding and contracts to multiple small businesses who are working on regional pilot projects. You will help support the success of these pilots through managing and enforcing compliance of the companies and assisting with project execution. You will also help support RISE’s financial administration and operation. An interest and/or knowledge of environmental and climate issues is helpful but not necessary.
Here You’ll Get To
- Manage calendars, schedule meetings, arrange conference calls and travel, coordinate team meetings and functions, manage expenses, etc.
- Take and transcribe highly technical and confidential minutes; and serve as recorder for various meetings, generating recaps for distribution to staff.
- Be an effective communicator with an advanced understanding of the RISE functions and requirements.
- Create clear, succinct and complete reports and other written materials.
- Assist with accounts payable and receivable, as well as monthly account reconciliation.
- Assist with program activity coordination, financial reporting, financial reimbursement assembly, and QuickBooks data entry.
- Manage highly sensitive, confidential information with the highest level of discretion
- Aide in the preparation and dissemination of spreadsheets, PowerPoints, and ad hoc presentations.
- Support various ad hoc requests as needed.
- Carry out precise financial calculations.
- Ensure contract terms and regulations are followed, and assist with contract modifications as needed
- Assist RISE Executive Director and team with the preparation of correspondences, interoffice forms, agendas, certifications, presentations, personnel transactions, and other reports and forms; and prepare and maintain electronic records.
- Assist with pre-audit and audit preparation and document organization.
- You are a proactive ‘self-starter’ who takes Initiative to get things done and thrive without supervision.
- You have excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Excel, G Suite, Dropbox, Zoom, and Calendly, etc.
- You have deadline awareness and can prioritize workload.
- You have the ability to orchestrate and manage multiple overlapping meetings, projects, and vendors.
- You have the ability to communicate information clearly, concisely and professionally, and have high-level writing and grammar skills.
- You have strong QuickBooks and accounting procedure skills.
- You have an ability to take direction and execute specific outlined initiatives.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and are able to communicate with stakeholders and employees at all levels.
- You have the ability to work with others and maintain focus while working under pressure.
- You have outstanding organization and follow-up skills.
- You have the ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- You have exceptional organizational and time management skills.
Experience and Education
- 3+ years of administrative experience.
- 3+ years of grant and contract programs and processes experience preferred.
- 3+ years of experience with budget administration in non-profit environments is a plus.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Associates degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Be sure to include two references and salary requirements in your cover letter.