Frequently Asked Questions
The eligibility requirements differ for each Challenge, but generally:
- Your company will be required to meet the definition of a small business, as defined by the U.S. Small Business Administration and found under 13 CFR Section 121.201, or qualify as a 501(c)(3) non- profit entity.
- Your company must be able to test/pilot your solution in Hampton Roads, Virginia
- You must be prepared to deploy your solution and spend all of the revenue-based loan or grant by a predetermined date stated with each Challenge
- Your technology has to be post the prototype stage or already have customers using your technology
- If you are accepted as a finalist, you will be required to submit further documentation such as technical details of your solution, a work plan, and financial projections within 14 calendar days of being notified of you finalist status
- Finalists will be also required to obtain a DUNS number and register on Sam.gov
For detailed information, please read the Applicant Guidelines posted on the Challenge webpage.